OHSAS 18001:2007 Auditor Conversion
A three-day auditor conversion course for existing auditors seeking to strengthen their health and safety management system knowledge. This course will be of greatest benefit for those who have previously completed a 5-day quality or environmental lead auditor course. This course is registered by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA).
Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Management in many companies is fast becoming integrated. Auditors may expect in the near future to be less confined to one discipline and to participate in integrated systems audits. This course is designed to build on the knowledge of existing quality or environmental auditors and enhance their capability to audit health and safety systems. This course helps to develop delegates’ knowledge and understanding of OHSAS 18001:2007 as a health and safety management systems framework. Course attendees are assessed on their knowledge and understanding throughout the course and will be required to sit a 1.5 hour open book examination on the final day.
Who Should Attend?
Existing Quality/Environmental Auditors and Lead Auditors disciplines IRCA-certificated (or acceptable alternative-please see IRCA website for details) who are seeking to develop their competences to include health and safety management system auditing.
Those attending this course are expected to have knowledge of the following: Occupational health & safety management principles and concepts:
- The Plan, Do, Check Acto (PDCA) cycle
- The purpose and benefits of an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system
- A basic knowledge of managing occupational health and safety (OH&S) through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal and other requirements
- A basic awareness of common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
- Commonly used OH&S terms and definitions as given in OHSAS 18001
This knowledge can be gained in a number of ways;
- Previous experience and existing knowledge
- Attending an IRCA OHSAS 18001 Foundation course – or equivalent
- Reading or self-study
If you would like to attend our IRCA registered OHSAS 18001 Foundation course at a discounted price to help you prepare fro this Lead Auditor course please contact us.
To enable those attending to understand the principles of health and safety management, understand health and safety legislation and develop their knowledge of the health and safety OHSAS 18001:2007 standard.
- Occupational health and safety awareness
- Audit process & skills revision
- OHSAS 18001:2007 requirement
- NCRs and categorisation
- OH&S policy
- Audit case study and role-play
- OH&S Legislative requirements
- Risk Assessment Methods and Emergency Preparedness
What Are The Benefits?
The course is designed to help existing auditors to become multi-skilled by developing health and safety management system audit competency. Successful completion of the course and the achievement of the 70% pass mark will satisfy the formal training requirements for those wishing to register with the IRCA as an OH&S Auditor or Lead Auditor, provided that delegates have previously successfully completed an IRCA recognised 5 day lead auditor course in another discipline (e.g. Quality).
Offering better value for money, they can be designed to closely match your specific requirements.
Style of Delivery And Course Leaders
A combination of presentations and guided exercises and a highly interactive role-play exercise involving a simulated audit makes this course both highly beneficial and enjoyable for participants. Our course leaders are trained and experienced in the field of health and safety auditing with extensive practical management experience across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, finance, pharmaceuticals, local and national government.
Delegates successfully completing the course, including examination, will be awarded an IRCA registered certificate.